A lot of people on social media are doing the 7-day black and white photo challenge, so here are some more creativity-provoking photo challenges to try. After you’re done, you could even use them as story prompts or for mini writing exercises (with a vignette for each photo).
Note, for these you could do one a day, but I actually find taking a camera or phone out for an hour and taking them all at once a lot more eye-opening: you spend that hour utterly aware of all things yellow, or square etc – depending on the challenge.
- Take ten photos of things that are, overall, triangle shaped.
- Take ten photos of things in public spaces that people don’t notice
- Take ten photos of different sized holes
- Take ten close-up photos of rubbish
- Take ten profile type photos of people’s hands
- Take ten photos of the corner of something fairly large
- Take ten photos of people waiting impatiently at traffic lights
- Take ten photos of things that are yellow
- Take ten photos of water interacting with urban life
- Take ten photos of people taking photos of things with their phones